Net videos open in wm not quick time

lucozade9 21:34 30 Sep 06

Ive got a different pc now however on my old pc when i clicked to watch a video on net either a new webpage would open with the quick time player in or the video would play inside internet explorer using quick time.

My new pc though opens up windows media player in a seperate window to play the video. This means i can only have 1 video going at a time. Is tehre a way so i can make the quicktime player my default thing for playing internet videos?

aca 21:49 30 Sep 06

Run Quicktime from Start menu. Go - Edit-Quicktime Preferences and set file associations for files that you want it to handle.

Think that this will do the trick.

FUl2tiV3 21:52 30 Sep 06

start>set program access and defaults>custom>choose a default media player>select quicktime>ok

lucozade9 23:00 30 Sep 06

i dont have it in my program list you are on about fui however its installed on my computer as i can click the icon on my desktop and quick time player starts working.

Any ideas?

FUl2tiV3 23:18 30 Sep 06

just to confirm
which programs are listed under custom>choose a default media player?
is there a check nexy to 'enable access'?

what OS? win xp sp2?
did you also run aca's tip first to confirm the file associations? soz should have mentioned that
it might require a restart in between

lucozade9 13:39 01 Oct 06

i currently have windows media, itunes and real player listed all with the boxes ticked but no quick time despite it being installed and everything on my pc.

im running as you said windows xp with sp2.

FUl2tiV3 15:10 01 Oct 06

don't have itunes
so can't comment with great accuracy
itunes comes bundled with quicktime does it not?
(though it is available as a standalone download)
have u tried ticking i tunes
to see what happens?
it might hand it over to quicktime
there's only one way to find out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…