net send * ???

reclaimjack 00:23 10 Dec 05

hi people ....

i am trying to send a message in cmd promt...
i open cmd window type :---- 'net send * "message"....'
message sent sucessfull....

but no message pop's up on any comp in the network... i have 2 laptops a print and file server and 2 desktop's all wired/wireles via a 3com 11g wireless router and a 3 com hub(wired to router and to print server) all works fine but no message delivery to any comp...???? please help cheers

mgmcc 13:02 10 Dec 05

Do you have the "Messenger" service enabled? This must be running, but many users have it disabled due to its being abused for spam messages over the internet.

01chris 21:47 10 Dec 05

I had to start the messenger service first and when I did that I could succesfully use the net send command over my wired network. When I got my wireless network it wouldn't work, but as soon as I plugged in to the wired network it did. I think the pc tries to send the message out over the wired ethernet adapter not the wireless one.

So I think all we can do is wait until Microsoft does some kind of update/patch for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…