Net Objects Fusion Essentials vs NOF 7

Pesala 15:55 19 Feb 08

Having looked at NOF 10 free trial, I thought I would try NetObjects Fusion Essentials. This is NOF 7.5 by another name and looks identical to NOF 7. It opens NOF 7 nod files without any obvious problems.

However, NOF 7 won't open NOF Essentials files.

So my question is, "Should I upgrade to NOF Essentials or might there be something missing in NOF Essentials?"

NOF 10 looks good, but it will take some effort to become familiar with the new interface. I don't think I need half of the exra features. The reason I tried NOF Essentials, was I thought it might be a cut-down Lite version with just the basic tools. In fact, it looks like a full version of NOF 7, but updated.

Pesala 16:17 20 Feb 08

NOF support weren't too helpful. All they tell me is:

"NetObjects Fusion Essentials is a newer version than NetObjects Fusion 7. Fusion Essential has some new feature and may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.

Please note that, you cannot import sites created in older version of NetObjects Fusion to newer version of NetObjects Fusion."

I most definitely can, and did, open my site created in an older version of NOF into the newer version. I also published it to my local host with no problems apart from a few missing graphics. Locating them and embedding them again will fix that problem.

So, what are these unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes?

Presumably someone must know. It ssems highly unusual for a software company to remain so secretive about enhancements to their software.

Pesala 10:48 27 Feb 08

NetObjects Fusion Essentials seems like an excellent program to recommend to new users, but are there any caveats? Is it a cut-down version of NOF7, or is it an improved version?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017