Net Objects Fusion - Default Font Size Problem

Pesala 23:32 28 Sep 03

I ticked my other thread as resolved, as it was getting too long, and had wandered off a bit from the original theme. Better to start two new threads on the specific topics that I still need to resolve.

The font problem is still unresolved. AFAIK my code is specifiying the browser default for all of my body text, i.e. there is no "+1" or "+2" as there is for headings. Why does IE display this at 12 point? click here

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:30 29 Sep 03

specify your font size in the Text Properties box which should be floating on screen. Have you got this enabled?

Pesala 01:56 29 Sep 03

in the Text properties palette, and in the page preferences for browser proportional fonts. This is the style definition for my Normal paragraph style.

Style Name: Normal, Parent Style: None, Style Follow: Normal, Number of Child Styles: 8, Font Face: Verdana, Font Size: +0, Font Style: Regular, Color: #000, Indent Level: 0, Paragraph Align: Left. Strikeout Off, Underline Off, Subscript Off, Strikeout Off,

The font displays at 10 point in Opera, but not in IE at "medium" font size setting. "Small" looks like 10 point.

Pesala 23:38 02 Oct 03

I don't understand why IE gets this wrong, or have I misunderstood something about browser default sizes?

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:36 03 Oct 03

how much difference there is between NOF 4, and NOF MX (which I use) but the middle paragraph of your last post doesn't click with me (maybe I'm just dense).

All that I do is click the settings box for 'Dynamic pages - All browsers'.

In the text properties box, I just select the font I wish to use from the drop down list (normally Veranda), and click on the size, -1, -2, +1, +2, etc. and all works well. If I need to change the font size or colours in a particular cell of a table I just click on the cell and alter the settings in the 'Cell properties' pallette.

As I say, there may be slight variations in the two versions of NOF, but I do not have to set any style definitions or other settings mentioned in your post. Other than that, I'm afraid I cant help. Cheers, Whiz...

Pesala 07:16 17 Oct 03

By setting the default font size to 16 point in Opera my webpages display at the correct designed size. This apparently is the default size in Opera, which I discovered after a clean install.

Why so big?

Pesala 07:21 17 Oct 03

My original problem in Internet Explorer was caused by changing my preferences for default browser font in NOF from 12 point TNR to 10 point Verdana. My normal font then became 10 point (+0) and resulted in the large font in Internet Explorer.

After changing the default in NOF back to 12 point, my normal font was 10 point (-1), which is what it should be, so displayed correctly in IE.

This then highlighted a problem in Opera caused by having my default size set to 10 point Verdana instead of 16 point Times New Roman, which is the normal default for Opera.

Pesala 05:16 24 Oct 03

The default size in Opera is 16 pixels not 16 points, which makes a lot more sense. The font preferences dialogue doesn't actually say whether it is refers to pixels or points, but I previously assumed it to be points.

Body text font sizes on my site click here should now hopefully be the same - 10 point Verdana - in all browsers.

Please let me know if you notice any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now