Net Objects Fusion - Current "Free" Availability

jonmac 07:03 09 Nov 07

I see many recommendations, particularly from Forum Editor, for Net Objects Fusion for web design and also that a version was available free on the PC Pro cover disk last May. Does anyone know of its current availability at low cost anywhere, on a different mag, say?

louandel 12:47 11 Nov 07

this months(november) .net magazine has the full dwnload for net fusion 9. Hurry!

louandel

Marko797 13:23 11 Nov 07

but didn't like it, couldn't get on with it at all (NOF10)...but I'm just 'thick' jonmac

Kemistri 00:06 16 Nov 07

I used to use NOF for a short while - good little app for novices, pretty easy. Got me started on that steep learning curve, but it made such dirty old-fashioned non-compliant error-filled code. Ugh! It's also pretty basic, restrictive and inflexible - output is not even user editable (at least not back in the days when I used it). After a few weeks of putting up with it, it forced me to learn how to code by hand and I never looked back to NOF after that. Alright for a freebie to start you off, but don't go doing anything vaguely professional/commercial with it.

jonmac 17:50 18 Nov 07

Kemistry - What version were you using or when was "back in the days".
Louandel - Too late, WH Smith now has the December .Net mag in. Just my luck
Any other sources?

Kemistri 18:25 18 Nov 07

I actually have a cover CD with a never-used full copy of version 8 that is just sitting around among a pile of cover discs. If it was small enough to e-mail, I would send it to you, but it's just shy of 100MB. My ISP has a 20MB limit. I'd be happy to pop it in a jiffy bag and mail it, but I totally understand if you don't want to do that.

jonmac 18:03 28 Nov 07

Kemistry
Sorry for the delay in replying. Had to go away for a few days at short notice. Thanks for the offer of the disk, that's certainly better than nothing so I'll contact you direct about it.
Was it version 8 you were referring to in your comments? If an earlier one I'd still like to get 9.

Kemistri 18:06 28 Nov 07

As I wrote above, it was NOF8. The cover disc has the same version, but the changes between 8 and 9 were small.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac