Net Objects Fusion 8 help

allright 13:25 09 Jan 06

Hi all,

On the web building package I am using ( Net Objects Fusion 8) I have an option when naming the banner and the navigation buttons called "file extension". At the moment it's set at blank, but my options are

.htm
.htlm
.shtml
.asp
.php
.cfm
.jsp

Everything works fine as it is, but should I be choosing one of these? and if I do what will it do?

ade.h 15:01 09 Jan 06

Those are page file extensions, not image file extensions. These would be jpg, bmp, tiff, etc.

allright 15:05 09 Jan 06

Maybe I should have asked the question another way.......What do file extensions do and do I need them?

click here

Cheers

ade.h 15:12 09 Jan 06

That website has the html suffix to all its pages, which is absolutely correct.

The other suffixes that you have listed - found on the custom names tab of each page's properties box when in site view - are for other kinds of page.

For example, shtml = a secure page and php refers to databases.

ade.h 15:13 09 Jan 06

Except htm. That's like html, but I gather that it may not meet strict 4.01 standards. I always stick to html for standard pages as a matter of course.

allright 15:19 09 Jan 06

So are you saying I should take the html option with the buttons and nav bar? At the moment I have left it blank and every thing works fine, so what difference will it make if I do?

Sorry I know I am sounding a bit thick!!

Cheers

ade.h 16:18 09 Jan 06

As I said in my first post, the extensions that you have listed are not for images. They cannot be used for images because they are not valid image filetypes. Image files include jpegs and gifs. These could be banner.gif or photo1.jpg.

I think you must have got confused somewhere.

ade.h 16:23 09 Jan 06

click here

This has nothing to do with the filenames of banners and navbars. The boxes above it dictate what text your banner and navbars have. The dropdown dictates the webpage suffix, which is part of the URL.

allright 16:24 09 Jan 06

I did, and now I am not.........thank you for you help.

ade.h 16:25 09 Jan 06

No probs. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…