Net Objects Fusion 4 - Unicode Characters

Pesala 00:08 29 Sep 03

I think I have found the solution to this problem. All one needs to do is insert these characters as character entities. For example, a macron (ā) is & #257 (without the space).

In NOF one can insert HTML at any point, so one must insert the Unicode character code wherever it appears in a link. If it is not in a link, one can just paste the Unicode character into the text from the clipboard via Wordpad. Unfortunately, there doesn't yet seem to be a way to type Unicode directly in NOF 4, though it does support UTF-8 encodoing.

Is this a messy solution that will cause problems in some browsers, or is it safe enough? It seems to work fine in both Opera and Internet Explorer, i.e. the Unicode characters display correctly and the links still work.

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:35 29 Sep 03

I use a later version of NOF which allows the insertion of symbols via the Text menu/Insert/Symbol. Is it not in version 4?

Pesala 01:48 29 Sep 03

All I get on my menu is just a dozen or so ANSI characters like ™ … © —, etc. Unicode symbols are not listed. There is no character map like in Open Office click here

Pesala 22:54 29 Sep 03
  barryoneoff.co.uk 00:40 30 Sep 03

because you have that particular font installed Garland?). I dont have it so I just get letters and numbers.

Pesala 08:19 30 Sep 03

Barry, the font used is Verdana, not Unicode Garland. It is a standard Windows font. The only extended characters used are also available in Times New Roman, Arial, Book Antiqua, etc. There might be a problem for Windows 3.1 users.

What do you mean by "I just get letters and numbers"?

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:47 30 Sep 03

I misunderstood. Ithought the 'pp24' etc. next to the links were supposed to be symbols.
Should get to bed instead of staying up on PC.
Cheers, Whiz...

Pesala 20:31 04 Oct 03

Yes, the brain stops functioning properly after midnight.

I also discovered that Verdana has a dot below combining diacritical mark - just what I need for Pali, but there is not way to tell where the browser is going to position it. It works in Net Objects Fusion, but the output result is unpredictable. A pity, it would have been a neat solution.

Test: ṇ ṭ ṃ ḍ ḷ

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…