//some 3rd party need geo

The Net, ISP's & Notebooks

Hels 14:10 04 Sep 03

Ok, so I've splashed out for a Notebook because I travel all over the place and need to have access to The Net (Internet Explorer) and my ntlworld webmail account.

First thing first.....obviously the Notebook has a modem but as I have broadband at home I thought a really good way for me to get all my software and Windows up to date would be to use my broadband connection (USB) to connect to the Net.....when I had my broadband installed I had a disc, I take it I have to install this disc onto my Notebook to gain access?

Obviously because I have ntlworld broadband, I haven't got a 'dial up' connection.....can anyone suggest a cheap ISP or a way that I can be 'mobile' with my notebook in Europe. Both my mobile phone and my notebook have bluetooth technology so I can connect that way but I need an ISP don't I??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…