.NET Framework ? Question

Daveson 11:34 18 Jan 05

Hi all. What is .NET Framework, do i need it. I have some updates that i want to install like the latest ATI Radeon GFX driver. There is an option for one with . NET and one without.

Which one do i install. Should .NET framework be a part of my system ?

Rigga 11:38 18 Jan 05

If you have Windows XP and have SP2 installed then you will already have .NET framework.

It is the Microsoft underlying framework for .NET programs. You will get more and more .NET programs from Microsoft and other companies as time goes by.

Assuming that companies are using .NET languages to write their software, which a lot now do!

It should not harm your system in any way.

Daveson 11:45 18 Jan 05

Many thanks for that. Cheers.

spikeychris 11:46 18 Jan 05

I agree with Rigga,.NET is a support system to support running programs developed using
Microsoft's new .NET development tool. More and more progs will be needing it for them to run so at some point you will probably have to download it.....probably.

Daveson 11:48 18 Jan 05

How can i find out if its already on my system ? will it appear under system properties ?

spikeychris 11:51 18 Jan 05

Add/remove progs.

SEASHANTY 11:56 18 Jan 05

I believe that "Drive Image" also makes use of the .NET framework for imaging drives etcetera whereas
Acronis True Image v.8.0 which is the new version does not. The latter, BTW, is available on Amazon at £26-99 with free delivery, should anyone be interested.

Daveson 11:57 18 Jan 05

I cant see .NET in my list of progs, i already have it downloaded but not installed as i have just re-formatted. Thanks all for your support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…