.NET Framework, (KB886903)

Modo 18:44 08 Mar 05

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB886903)

Anyone else got trouble with this. On one computer out of 5 I can't install this infernal update.

Microsoft support have given about 5 increasingly complex fix suggestions. None of them work and it would have been quicker to reformat and reinstall.

I've looked up the problem with jit debugger and it makes "jit de all" sense to me.

The problem is almost certainly connected with transferring the boot hdd to a new SATA drive.

Any ideas to sort this nag out - I'm sick of the sight of that yellow shield in my task tray. (I'll turn off auto update soon if I can't sort this.)

Modo 22:46 08 Mar 05

>

Modo 10:57 09 Mar 05

Just had a telephone call from Microsoft acknowledging that they don't have a fix for this problem.

It has been put on their priority list to resolve. They hope to issue a fix in the next 10 days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…