Net Framework downloads

pomerian 17:11 09 Oct 10

When I shut down my computer it tries to update NET framework but always fails. I have Windows XP SP3 home edition. Error code is 0x643 I havw checked Microsoft knowledge base and it says to make a note of which NET Framework downloads are installed uninstall them and re install them. I have these installed
Net framework 1.1
Net framework 2.0 SP2
NET framework 3.0 SP2
NET framework 3.5 SP1
The problem is that the only one of these versions on their dowmload site is NET framework 1.1 there various other versions but I don't know if I should install these,can anyone advise me please.

cocteau48 17:25 09 Oct 10

Use this tool to remove all versions:click here

Re-install each one starting with 1.1
After you have installed each version go to the MS update site and check for updates before progressing on to the next version.

The actual .NET versions will not appear as an automatic update on he MS site but once each version is installed any relevant updates to that version will appear as an update.

Hope this helps

pomerian 09:42 10 Oct 10

the problem is that apart from version 1.1 the other versions I have installed do not appear on MS web site there are various other versions should I install these?

johndrew 10:16 10 Oct 10

Once you have removed all .Net Framework software, download dotnetfx35.exe from click here and NDP35SP1-KB958484-x86.exe from click here.

Install both on your PC and then go to MS Updates as you will have quite a number to install but it will complete the full package for .Net Framework installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…