.NET framework 3.5 update query

ex-wirecutter 14:52 31 Jan 09

I have just downloaded Microsoft update for .NET framework 3.5 as it was labelled high priority .
I noticed however that it has installed a facility called " Preference Counter " , this sounds suspiciously like spyware to me .
Correct me if I'm wrong .

Cymro. 15:22 31 Jan 09

click here
Click above link and all will be reviled, well hopefully anyway!

ex-wirecutter 15:30 31 Jan 09

No quite , I was most concerned with the ,
" preference counter " being spyware .

isca2 16:05 31 Jan 09

Reviled !! It certainly is !

john bunyan 16:54 31 Jan 09

I have noticed a new Icon in Control panel following .Net Framework 3.5 update, called Windows CardSpace. When I try to ooen it I am referred to event viewer, which says "The Windows cardspace Service is too busy to process this request.User has too many outstanding requests". Any ideas?

isca2 17:12 31 Jan 09

click here
Not sure how you have it or how you get rid of it though ! Not in my Control Panel. I have XP.

isca2 17:23 31 Jan 09

Have just updated to 3.5 and YES, I now have Cardspace..but it works for me. No error message such as John has.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…