Net Framework

mrtreacle 19:32 29 Nov 07

Hi

I have read many of the posts ref Net Framework and upgrade issues etc but need to ask another variation please
I got into an auto update loop today with net framework 1.1 service pack
PC tried to install but just said "update was not installed"
I removed netframework 1.1 version through add/remove and windows auto update is not now appearing on start up (a relief)
Well should i now re-install 1.1 version manually and service pack afterward ?
Or is the version 1.0 i now have ok ie is this really an issue or can i just leave things as they are ?
Whats the gain in real terms to update netframework ?

Thanks
Richard

tasslehoff burrfoot 20:40 29 Nov 07

Well, in not having the latest version, you run a potential risk of notbe able to run programs written using features of the latest version.

For example if you have 1.0, you may not be able to run a program written c# using 3.0.

Also, there may be security vulnerabilities in older versions.

ventanas 21:48 29 Nov 07

Virtually nothing uses version 1.0. You need 1.1, and while you're at it, get hold of versions 2 and 3 as well. If there is a problem using update, download and install them manually. And you do need all three, different programs are written for different versions.

mrtreacle 23:03 29 Nov 07

Ok

Thanks for the advice
Sounds like i need to download the updates

Richard

Stuartli 00:14 30 Nov 07

There's also the 3.5 Beta version of iNetFramework, but I would advise leaving this alone until somewhat later...:-)

Taff™ 12:21 30 Nov 07

click here for a similar thread - follow Graham.`s link for the solution. It`s a fairly common problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5