.NET Framework

vienna1981 14:55 20 Aug 03

In windows update (my OS is Win98se) one of the recommended updates is "Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1" the description for this is

"The .NET Framework is a component of the Windows operating system. For developers, the .NET Framework makes it easy to rapidly create powerful software that maximizes performance, scalability, opportunities for integration, reliability, security, and the end-user experience, while minimizing the costs of deployment and management.

Windows users need to install the .NET Framework to run applications developed using the .NET Framework.
This release includes a number of enhancements over version 1.0 of the .NET Framework. Installing this release is a prerequisite for running applications developed using the .NET Framework 1.1. For more information about .NET Framework, see .NET Framework Home. (This site may be in English.)"

I was just wondering if it is worth installing?

Thanks in advance for all help

leo49 15:07 20 Aug 03

Without being patronising[as I don't understand what exactly .Net is]if you're asking the question then you don't need it.Totally irrelevant to the vast majority of home users except users of the new version of Drive Image[version 7] which requires it in order to function.

From what I gather it will assume more relevance in the future if MS's grand strategy for the future of computing is ever implemented.

Regards

Virtuosity 15:16 20 Aug 03

You only need it if you are using .NET depending software i.e. CladDVD.

vienna1981 15:53 20 Aug 03

ok thanks :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…