Net access on one user account only ?

_chris_ 20:19 19 Apr 04

I am using a system running Windows XP Home. My problem is that the only user account that can access the internet is mine. I have administrator rights on the system. This issue only surfaced today when my wife informed me IE wasn't working. On checking her desktop, when I click IE I get DNS errors. The start menu has gained MSN explorer icon and two accounts appear to have been made in msn explorer in the name of my children who shared my wifes account. Access to the net was posible via the msn explorer browser. I have now deleted MSN Explorer via the 'add/remove Windows components' facility but IE still won't work in that account. I set up a new user account to see if that would help but even that has no net access. It would appear that somehow something has been installed/updated in my wifes account and the settings took over the browser preferences somehow. No one is admitting to installing/updating anything, is it even possible without admin rights ?
How can I get net access again via IE ?

Thanks in advance

_chris_ 16:31 20 Apr 04

ok I'll try that ;P

anon1 16:39 20 Apr 04

so what internet access do you have? Dial up or broadband? It would be of great help to know

_chris_ 22:15 20 Apr 04

_chris_ 14:11 24 Apr 04

_chris_ 14:11 24 Apr 04

TBH1 15:10 24 Apr 04

have you checked, via IE, TOOLS / INTERNET OPTIONS / CONNECTIONS ??? I recently set up user ids on my xp and had to go that route - - -make sure those settings are the same as your own 9the one that does connect)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…