net 2 plug

ozzy 123 20:17 22 Nov 05

Hi every one.
Has any one out there used a packard bell usb net2 plug networking system.
I have used one for the last year to link 2 pc's in seperate rooms with no probs but recently i reinstalled windows (xp home) wiping my hard drive clean. now every time i try to re install the adapter to my pc the insalation wizard seems to freeze when it tries to initialize the adapter to the pc. i have to run windows task manager to stop the wizard.
i have tried deleteing the net 2 plug folders in in the program files to start agian from fresh but a warning message come up saying cannot delete wait 4ip.exe:access is denied please make sure the disc is not full or right protected and the file is not currently in use.

does any one have any ideas to help me reinstall this adapter.
many thanks ozzy

keewaa 21:08 22 Nov 05

When you reinstalled windows did you reinstall all the drivers for your system : Check device manager to see if there are any problems.

mgmcc 21:20 22 Nov 05

If deletion of the file you mention is the key to the problem, there are a couple of possibilities:

1) Take ownership of the file, per this Microsoft article.

h t t p : / /
support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

2) Install the little "Remove on Reboot" application from click here

ozzy 123 22:37 22 Nov 05

hi installed the remove on reboot app.
Removed the the files but it still doesnt want to load the the device. it still freezes on initialisation. and wont let me load the adaptor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…