Nero/CD-RW not working ??!!

Mad Boy 23:28 15 Mar 04

A few weeks ago i mentioned about getting a virus, and the C:\DESKTOP folder's contents were deleted by mistake. Well, i had problems then with my CD-RW drive, and recently found it was fixed (before the contents of the disk were displayed).

Well, i havnt needed that drive for a while until now, im trying to make a backup of all my programs and stuff to a ISO CD-R. After Nero has finished simulating and caching the files, it attempts to write to disk and errors "SCI/IDE error" and crashes.

I have re-installed Nero on my pc and the same error occurs, i think its something to do with the actual drive (located on F. Its not the same program neither, i tried burning a cd with only Irfan View and a backup of my development projects, facing the same error. I also ran System File Checker (checking located deleted or missing files from options), again with no luck.

Is my computer totally messed up, or should i try deleting the F: and re-installing?

Cheers

hector 911 23:41 15 Mar 04

go into device manager, right click on your CD-RW, remove, then reboot and let windows install drive.

Mad Boy 15:47 16 Mar 04

is that safe?

holly polly 17:48 16 Mar 04

goto device manager locate the drives in question and expand -is there any yellow exclamation marks present?this indicates that the device has been recognised but there is a problem with a driver etc ,if there is an error i recommend that you follow hectors advice -
delete the drive from device manager and then reboot ,,the found new hardware wizard should fire up and windows should tell you that it is locating the software for it ,if the drive came with a driver cd now is the time to point the way to the drivers ,though in my opinion this is rarely needed as windows useually sorts out the correct running of any optical and additional hardware its self ,give it a go and post back if you still have problems -regards -hol pol....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…