Nero6 OEM suite3

jack 20:10 28 May 04

I purchased the above last weekend at the local regional fair from one of the regular merchants.

I removed Nero 5 and loaded the nice new Nero6 OEM suite 3

It went in fine and all fuantion excpet for burn

Although it went through the motionts it appeared not to burn the disk.

So questions - is this 'Real program' or another one of those blind demo's sent out 'Free' with the usual give us some lolly for the real one.

As the Vendor asked £15 I wondered if they are
aware if it is indeed a blind demo disk.
J

bremner 20:14 28 May 04

click here for comparisons of various flavours of Nero6

jst 16:46 30 May 04

It sounds as if it has'nt found your burner

Audeal 18:08 30 May 04

What are you burning to? CD or DVD. I get this problem with some DVD Disks but not with CD Disks.

maz2 18:33 30 May 04

I think the OEM disks are bundled software that are sold with burners (although I could be wrong) I have a DVDRW drive and the Nero Oem works fine with this as it was bundled with it, but it will not work with my CDRW as it doesn't recognise my burner, however the Nero express part of the programme does work with my CDRW what the difference is I don't know, I am now having to run Roxio and Nero together which I'm not happy about

jack 11:50 31 May 04

Maz2
Sez the program does not recognise the 'burner'
We have the program
We have the CD burner drive[ it burns from Nero Five]
So the the 'Burner' something else?

SEASHANTY 12:04 31 May 04

Yes Nero 5 was associated with your original drive so it will burn to it. OEM copies will only burn to the drive they are first attached to. Looks as if your copy was previously with another drive. (i.e.
not a new copy). I had trouble with Nero 5, and in fact still do. The OEM copy of Nero 5 came with the origianal PC software and would burn to the Sony CR-RW which came with the new PC. When I changed the Sony CD-RW drive for a faster speed TDK CD-RW
drive then ever since NERO 5 will NOT burn to this drive. It will write files etc but it will not burn. I also now have to use Roxio to burn. Every time I
try to use Nero to burn it tells me I require a
chargeable plug in from Nero.

THE TERMINATOR 12:16 31 May 04

Try Nero's web site, and check to see if they have any firmware to upgrade Nero 6 to accept your drive.

pj123 13:25 31 May 04

I bought Nero 6 OEM from SVP at click here for £5 plus postage. Works fine with any CD/RW. I just changed my CD/RW drive for a multi-format DVD/RW drive and it works fine with that as well. The only problem I have found was with INCD4. I have checked the Ahead website and it is a known fault, they are addressing it. Don't install INCD4. I uninstalled it and re-installed the INCD version that came with my original CD/RW and all now working perfectly.

jack 14:05 31 May 04

Thanx all will take on board all your helpfull responses will get back with nooze as it happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…