NERO5.5 Freezes

Baslla321 15:34 29 Sep 03

I tried to copy IE^ & Outlook Express on to a CD using the Wizard of Nero 5.5. Both times a get SCSI/ATAPI Command timeout error. When I abort the PC freezes. I tried again using a different type of CD. Now CDRW without the Wizard.ISO Level 1; ISO 9660; unenabled 'Joliet'; Write 8X. Both files were 27MB, but after one minute my PC froze again and I had to reboot for the third time. What is the mess that I am doing?

hugh-265156 15:54 29 Sep 03

try the lowest speed you can burn at say x4

make sure you dont have any other programs running in the background whilst burning although i never have a problem doing other things at the same time,if you are low on memory it may be the cause.

try an update for nero click here

Baslla321 10:35 30 Sep 03

Thanks for your advice and the update which I downloaded. I tried again at X4 and after a while it was terminated........error again. I just dont understand. Is there any other way I could try to get these two files on a CD as standby.
RGDS.

hugh-265156 14:46 30 Sep 03

apart from the internet explorer download,can you otherwise sucessfully burn data?

try running a defrag on the hard drive and setting the cdrom and hard drive to dma if available.

control panel/system/hardware/device manager/,click your primary(HD) and secondary(cdrom) ide channel then /properties/advanced settings and select dma here.

try a simulated burn.using nero,when you click the burn tab then tick the box that says simulation,this will go through the motions without wasting discs.make sure buffer underun protection is enabled here too.

try simulated burns using different speeds and see if you can get it to work.try different media,my cdrom burner is very choosy and doesnt like cheap discs.try a lens cleaner also.

thats all i can think of.

Baslla321 16:37 30 Sep 03

Yes I burned other data. Also I have Diskeeper Lite for defrag which I use regularly.
My DMA is enabled. I have burned at 8X and 4X before.I will try a simulated burn. I am suspecting that I have some cheap discs ! Thanks for yr kind help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant