Nero write speed

jagx400 19:57 06 Jan 05

Does anyone have the reg file that makes Nero show the actual write speed. I had a copy but recently reformatted and have lost it, there are plenty of places I have found on the internet that show how to do it in the registry but I would rather just click a reg file.

Simsy 20:55 06 Jan 05

I have tested the following on my system, Win 98se, Nero 5.5 (It may be elsewhere with different version of Nero or of Windows!)

By a system of elimination I have found that the key is at the following;

HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\IsoDoc\Speed CD R

What you could do is;

Open Nero and set the speed you want as default, on the burn tab.

(This bit is important!) Start a new compilation.

You can then exit Nero.

Navigate to the above key, (in regedit), highlight it.

From the "Registry" menu in regedit select "Export Registry file" and choose "Selected branch"

Save it to a place of your choosing.

Subsequently, right clicking on the saved file, and choosing "Merge" will put that value back in place.

I hope this helps, and I have understood you request correctly!!

jagx400 21:01 06 Jan 05

using winXP and nero 6600

Eric10 21:05 06 Jan 05

click here for instructions for Win XP. Nero 6 is at the bottom of the article. You need to create the Registry key for yourself but it isn't difficult. Don't forget to backup your Registry first.

Simsy 21:16 06 Jan 05

Having seen Eric10's link, it seems I couldn't have been much more wrong about what you wanted!

Apologies again.

jagx400 06:36 07 Jan 05

Sorry for being thick but how do I write a registry key

Eric10 08:33 07 Jan 05

The instructions for writing the registry key are in the Nero 6 instructions at the end of the article. However, if you are really stuck, email me using the yellow envelope and I'll email the key back to you.

jagx400 11:37 07 Jan 05

Thanx Eric I found the key, but initially I tried to do it using regedit but it doesn't show showsinglerecorderspeed so what has the reg key actually altered

Eric10 13:57 07 Jan 05

I don't quite follow what you are saying as it sounds as if you have received a key and run it. If so then it didn't come from me as I haven't sent you anything yet.

Just in case I've got this wrong I'll give you step-by-step instructions to create the DWORD Value for yourself. The key you need to find, using Regedit, is "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder". You won't find "ShowSingleRecorderSpeed" because it isn't there yet.

Click on "Recorder" in the left pane to highlight it. Now right-click on a blank area inside the right pane and choose "New" then "DWORD Value" from the menu. This will create a new entry in the right pane called "New Value #1". Right-click this and choose "Rename" and change it to "ShowSingleRecorderSpeed" then click off the name to accept the change. Next right-click on your new value "ShowSingleRecorderSpeed" and choose "Modify". Change the "Value Data" entry from 0 to 1 then exit Regedit. That's all there is to it.

jagx400 14:14 07 Jan 05

Sorry Eric, bad wording on my part, I meant I found a disc I had backed up some files on and the reg key was on there.

Thanx for the explanation, was wondering why ShowSingleRecorderSpeed was not there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…