//some 3rd party need geo

NERO won't install

Studioman 12:10 04 Dec 03

Hi
I have a major poblem trying to install NERO.Everytime I start to install the instalation stops halfway through and gives me an error 1305 F:\NERO\CDROM.CFG cannot be found (F being my drive)I have installed it O.K. on my other machine without any problems.It is a full version of NERO 5.5.with a registration number.Both machines use Win 98SE.I have downloaded the Clean tool from the AHEAD site and used this but it has not helped.The support team at AHEAD have not come up with an answer.PLEASE HELP!

Lozzy 12:26 04 Dec 03

When it next comes when you try to install navigage the F (being your drive) to C leave the rest fo the path the same.

seedie 12:27 04 Dec 03

Was your Nero software bundled with a drive or was it standalone?

colh 12:36 04 Dec 03

Do you have any other type of burning softwre on your machine, such as Easy CD Creator? This may cause a conflict

Stuartli 12:44 04 Dec 03

Studioman states quite clearly that it is a full version complete with registration number - it should therefore work with any rewriter.

Studioman: As Lozzy points out, you seem to be trying to download Nero to your rewriter's drive letter rather than your hard drive which, presumably, is C.

woodchip 13:09 04 Dec 03

Try this. Copy the CD to Hard Drive to desktop if you want, then restart in safe mode by keep pressing F8 then run the setup from the copy on the desktop

seedie 14:58 04 Dec 03

Quite so. One day I'll learn to read the question properly.

Came out of hibernation prematurely!

CD

Mr_Nice_Guy 16:06 04 Dec 03

are you using windows xp pro. i had similar problem, but with a data.cab not being found. Solved it by doing what woodchip advised and then done a clean boot from msconfig, then it worked and installed.

Studioman 16:42 04 Dec 03

Hi Everybody
I have tried to copy to hard drive but it stops at the same file and won't copy.I am using Win 98SE for Mr nice guy.
There is no other burning software on this machine.Thanks so far.

Stuartli 17:30 04 Dec 03

I thought I'd posted this link earlier...:

click here=

PS

If the full link doesn't come up, right click on it and then Open in New Window

david.h 17:38 04 Dec 03

have you tried going to ahead web. using the nero uninstall tool to delete any corrupted files from your first attempt to intall. then trying again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…