Nero and WMA files ???

Magik ®© 09:48 30 Apr 05

hi, sorry but this is another question about the above, there was more yesterday....tried to make a audio cd with nero, the files were WMA files which it said it did not support, so i downloaded the wma plugin, tried again, and it said because of the microsoft licence it does not allow it, so one has to ask, what is the WMA plugin for ? or am i doing it all wrong?

thanks

Diodorus Siculus 09:52 30 Apr 05

Try using dbPowerAmp to convert from WMA to, say, wav or mp3 format before burning. I don't know about the plugin.

leo49 10:09 30 Apr 05

Sorry about that Magik ®© - it appears some changes have been made so that the Nero plugin now only works in one direction;ie one can create a .wma from other formats but not convert TO another format.

On the same theme, dbpoweramp will no longer create[encode] MP3 files without buying a licence, although one can still use it to convert FROM mp3 to other formats.

Magik ®© 10:16 30 Apr 05

thanks, i will try that one...

Magik ®© 10:19 30 Apr 05

hi, so i have just found out :-(, just tried it with Roxio and it worked..so i will use that.

thanks anyway..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…