Nero will not recognise my CDRW

badgermansix 22:18 18 Jun 04

Why will my Nero 5.5 not recognise my CDR/W drive
even though it will read the drive on the Nero CD Speed window?
Could in be in conflict with the XP Burner and if so how can I disable the XP burner?

TIA

woodchip 22:23 18 Jun 04

You have got old NERO and a newer CDRW. So NERO is not supporting your burner. You may be able to download a patch from the Ahead site

jimv7 22:23 18 Jun 04

Your copy of nero is propably an oem version locked to the original drive, download the new nero demo and try that.

woodchip 22:25 18 Jun 04
  badgermansix 07:37 19 Jun 04

Thanks for the response, the dvd/rw is NEC DVD RW 2500A, on the Nero site, (thanks woodchip) it does seem to be compatable.
The PC (a new machine)came with Nero six, as we could not get it to run pick up the burner, we have tried Nero 5.
Yhe interesting thing?? is that niether CD drives will run automatically despite the setting appearing to be o.k.
They both run o.k. if we do things manually, i.e. -my computer-d drive(or e drive)-open-play..or PSP7-open-d drive(or e drive)-browse. etc. etc.

badgermansix 05:54 20 Jun 04

Well, thatseems to be sorted, it is a OEM version, we uninstalled it, re-installed it and it now seems to be o.k.
I don't know what we did, but thanks.
As for autorun, thats another matter at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…