Nero Vision Express 3 SE - recoding?

jmper 17:49 07 Feb 06

I have Nero Express 6 which was bundled with my new PC.
Included is Nero Vision Express 3 SE.
I am trying to write mpeg files to a DVD without lengthy re-coding. This all seems to go OK (I can see VOB files etc on the DVD) but my machine will not play the resulting file.
It seems as though the SE version of the program is not fully functional - I can't edit the mpeg and cut out adverts for example, but I can create the menu structure and chapters.
If I allow Nero to fully recode (remove 'enable smart recode' option) then the DVD will play but the quality is not that good, plus it takes as long if not longer than the actual play length of the file.

Do I need to upgrade my Nero to a full version, or buy a DVD-Video plug-in, or should this be working already and it is more likely that my player is the problem?
Any ideas appreciated...

john-232317 20:09 07 Feb 06

Open up Nero smart start, click flame at bottom right,on programs tab click check now, this will tell you if there are any updates.

P:S: dvd has to be mpeg2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…