Nero v.6 and Windows XP

Marko1 10:29 18 Dec 05

Since installing Windows xp my Nero Software always shows a message stating that there is a compatibilility issue between the two. It directs me to Ahead Software. I have been to Aheads site but am confused as to which patch to download to solve this isssue. Can someone please post a direct link to the patch I need. Thanks.

pj123 11:28 18 Dec 05

I don't have Win XP so not too sure about this but what I have read on the Forum is:

Win XP has a built in burning module supplied by Roxio. It is Roxio that is conflicting with Nero. You should be able to disable or delete Roxio and all should then be OK.

Marko1 11:57 18 Dec 05

Right, I was not aware of the fact that XP came with Roxio. I'll check this out, thanks

Marko1 12:00 18 Dec 05

I've just scanned my system for Roxio and have come up a blank? Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

stalion 12:14 18 Dec 05

have you updated to the latest version of 6
click here

sunny staines 12:16 18 Dec 05

gointo properties of your cd/dvd dive via my computer. goto recordind tab and take the tick out of enable cd writing, this may stop xp software clahing with nero softwear

freaky 13:19 18 Dec 05

Got Nero 6 Reloaded plus all the updates, works fine with XP!

Marko1 13:26 18 Dec 05

Did you downlaod package 1-6 to sort out this problem? Thanks

Stuartli 13:40 18 Dec 05

I use Nero6 with XP Pro without any compatibility problems (the WMP Recording facility is Disabled).

There is a WMP Nero plug-in available but it will not work with WMP10, only WMP9.

sidecar sid 13:47 18 Dec 05

Go here

click here

And click on the free update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…