nero v5 dvd rw problem

damib 11:01 10 Nov 03

i have rcentlty purchased aliteon 401s dvd rw.
my nero v5 software does not regognise the drive.
it is not available in the choose recorder option and the autodetect does no work either.
Can anyone help
thnx damien

johnbhoy 11:06 10 Nov 03

Damib - The version of Nero you are using, did it come with a previously installed CD_Writer, if so it is probably an OEM version and as such will only recognise the CD-Writer it came with. Did the DVD Writer not come with burning software, if so install that to resolve. If not you will need to purchase a retail copy of Nero or some other burning software.

obbit 11:39 10 Nov 03

you may have to get nero 6 for dvd rw's

Smiler 11:51 10 Nov 03

Have you downloaded the latest update for nero 5

click here

This should update you to

damib 11:58 10 Nov 03

I think johnboy is right it was an oem version and i will need to purchase retail version.
as i have already downloaded latest version. thanks very much for all your help

Smiler 12:34 10 Nov 03

This has been taken from the supported recorders page give below

DVD+RW LDW-401S EIDE/ATAPI 48x24x484X4x16x DVD+R/RW x x x

click here

So your recorder is supported

Smiler 12:38 10 Nov 03

The latest download update is actually I typed wrong number above

SEASHANTY 15:06 10 Nov 03

When I changed my Sony CD-RW writer for a TDK 32x CD-RW the oem version of Nero 5.5. refused to burn any discs. It flashed up a message on occasions saying "This version of Nero is an oem copy and will only work with the original drive it was supplied with. Contact Nero for further advice". All the upgrades have been installed right up to but it just will not burn. It will play Cd's on the TDK but until I update to a new version of Nero (or pay for a new product code key) that's the way it will remain. Or until I re-install the original Sony drive I suppose. Fortunately I also have a retail copy of Roxio Easy CD creator installed so I just burn with that. Looks like you may have to get a new OEM copy of Nero or pay them for a new key to get your new drive to work.

Smiler 11:20 12 Nov 03

There's a copy of Ner 5.5.10 here

click here

for £12.50 + £2.50 postage

Smiler 11:22 12 Nov 03

O dear I forgot the o
Soooooo sorry
O well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…