nero update help

patso 13:53 28 Apr 05

i recently updated to nero oem edition from express.when i start it it tells me to go to the nero site as it has a problem with my version of windows.i use xp home with sp2 installed.when i go to the site it tells me there is four downloads to do.can i get a friend to down load these to a cd as my download rate comes in at 1kbs per second on a dial up.is this possible to do ?any help please

wobblymike 14:00 28 Apr 05

I suggest that it is highly unlikely - as an upgrade file it has to go somewhere and that somewhere is the operating part of the Nero program. I think you're going to have to bite the bullet

compumac 14:40 28 Apr 05

You are able to download the items and save to file. I have done it. However whereas it states after the installation of SP2 there could be some problems with Nero and you therefore need the Nero updates I found a problem after installing the Nero updates and reversed back to the original version 6.3.02 and to the best of my knowledge there have been no problems with that setup.

TomJerry 14:57 28 Apr 05

Earthworm 14:57 28 Apr 05

I've got Nero 6 and when i updated to SP2, my nero did not work so i went to nero site and saved the downloads to a folder on my computerand then ran the relivant upgrade and it's worked fine. This is great for me as if i need to wipe computer then the files are ready to upgrade when i'm ready and don't have to visit the site each time. follow this link for hdownloads:
click here

pj123 15:16 28 Apr 05

I have downloaded all the Nero updates except the Media Player. Came to about 80mbs. I can put them on a CD for you and post out. email me via the envelope your address and I will post you a CD.

patso 21:26 02 May 05

i heard sp2 caused some problems with nero but will try all the help that was offered. thanks to all that replied

pj123 10:34 03 May 05

Got your email. CD on the way to you.

joeltr 12:32 03 May 05

thats a very nice gesture pj123,

Joe R 12:39 03 May 05

pj123,

You are a true gentleman.

pj123 15:15 03 May 05

No, I am just trying to help someone. 80mbs on dialup could take days. On BB it takes minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…