Nero Unrecoverable read error

Boy Zone 22:07 16 Aug 05

Hi,

I am having some problems copying my own family DVD's.
I'm using Nero 6, and when I try to copy, I keep getting Unrecoverable read errors messages.
I did try the trial "Any DVD" copying, and this works but NOT nero.
Can you please advise?

keith-236785 09:07 17 Aug 05

i dont use nero for "backing up" my kids dvd's, i use dvdshrink, its faster and will shrink the existing files to fit on a standard 4.3gig dvd without loss of noticible quality.

give it a try, its free.

click here

Boy Zone 09:40 17 Aug 05

Thanks for youy replt, but the site that you gave is No longer available.

freaky 11:16 17 Aug 05

I downloaded DVD Shrink last week, just do a Google search to find the download sites. There are quite a number,and some of them try to charge you for the download! Find a free site and make sure you download Version 3.2.

ACOLYTE 11:25 17 Aug 05

I think this is nero's copyprotect feature at work it wont let you copy protected dvd's.That is if they are protected.

Boy Zone 21:34 17 Aug 05

these are not protected DVD's they are my ow nproduced DVD's ie family etc.

Boy Zone 21:41 17 Aug 05

I have just tried copying the DVD using my DVD writer as the sauce and creating an image, and it works OK, but not if I use the DVD ROM. I did the same on a second PC and the same occured. It can't be that both DVD Roms are faulty, as the DVD will Play on both.

keith-236785 22:01 17 Aug 05

click the envelope by my name and send a e-mail, i will send you dvdshrink (1.06 mb)

Chegs ® 22:14 17 Aug 05

Sounds like your problem is caused by you trying to "copy-on-the-fly" if creating an image then burning works.To resolve this would require your putting the DVD-ROM on one IDE channel,and the other device on the second IDE channel.There might then be the problem of the HDD data being slowed(although I never noticed any real performance hit when I tried it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…