Nero Unrecoverable read error

Boy Zone 22:07 16 Aug 05

Hi,

I am having some problems copying my own family DVD's.
I'm using Nero 6, and when I try to copy, I keep getting Unrecoverable read errors messages.
I did try the trial "Any DVD" copying, and this works but NOT nero.
Can you please advise?

keith-236785 09:07 17 Aug 05

i dont use nero for "backing up" my kids dvd's, i use dvdshrink, its faster and will shrink the existing files to fit on a standard 4.3gig dvd without loss of noticible quality.

give it a try, its free.

click here

Boy Zone 09:40 17 Aug 05

Thanks for youy replt, but the site that you gave is No longer available.

freaky 11:16 17 Aug 05

I downloaded DVD Shrink last week, just do a Google search to find the download sites. There are quite a number,and some of them try to charge you for the download! Find a free site and make sure you download Version 3.2.

ACOLYTE 11:25 17 Aug 05

I think this is nero's copyprotect feature at work it wont let you copy protected dvd's.That is if they are protected.

Boy Zone 21:34 17 Aug 05

these are not protected DVD's they are my ow nproduced DVD's ie family etc.

Boy Zone 21:41 17 Aug 05

I have just tried copying the DVD using my DVD writer as the sauce and creating an image, and it works OK, but not if I use the DVD ROM. I did the same on a second PC and the same occured. It can't be that both DVD Roms are faulty, as the DVD will Play on both.

keith-236785 22:01 17 Aug 05

click the envelope by my name and send a e-mail, i will send you dvdshrink (1.06 mb)

Chegs ® 22:14 17 Aug 05

Sounds like your problem is caused by you trying to "copy-on-the-fly" if creating an image then burning works.To resolve this would require your putting the DVD-ROM on one IDE channel,and the other device on the second IDE channel.There might then be the problem of the HDD data being slowed(although I never noticed any real performance hit when I tried it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…