Nero trying to use restore.

MIKE 15:19 16 Feb 05

Has anyone used Nero to do a restore a backup from DVD's. If anyone has been succesful how do you do it .Tried all I know which aint much to get it working nero keeps telling me its looking for *.nbi file which is not on the four DVD's I created with Nero. Any ideas folks other wise I shall be forced to spend money and buy an external hardrive. help!!!!!!

MIKE 16:58 16 Feb 05

bump

ICF 19:36 16 Feb 05

The DVD's you have created with Nero should have the nbi files you are looking for.Have a look at the Nero backitup help files.

ICF 19:53 16 Feb 05

I have just done a test with a CD backup off MY DOCUMENTS and it all worked flawlessly.

MIKE 21:09 16 Feb 05

Thanks ICF for your help I tried to back up using create new backup selecting one folder and as you say it works flawless. The area that seems to give problems is where you want to back up a whole partion using Create New Drive Backup. I have been on Nero's web page and downloaded there help file for back ups. The help file does not seem to cover a full backup where you want to back up a partion.

MIKE 07:49 17 Feb 05

bump

zarobian 08:27 17 Feb 05

I have tried New Drive Backup (Complete C Drive).
I am afraid I could not restore it. The same problem as mentioned by Mike. Other Backup options work OK!!!

MIKE 13:53 17 Feb 05

Thanks guys for all your feed back. I have sent an email to Nero who will look into the problem. If anyone is interested I will send Nero's reply when I get it to PCA Helproom forum.

zarobian 16:55 17 Feb 05

Please post their reply.Thanks.
I have found a work around. If you select Backup and select Drive "C" if that what you want. Now proceed with the backup normaly. You may be able to restore it back!!! Any how NEW DRIVE BACKUP has a problem.

ICF 07:57 18 Feb 05

What brand of Hard drive is it?Many manufacures have their own utility to transfer data to a new disk.

zarobian 08:34 18 Feb 05

I have IBM Model DLTA-305030 P/N:07N3925.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…