Nero - treats a DVD as a CD

sheila.weston 10:18 06 May 08

I am having yet another problem with my Nero. Going into Nero Express I put the DVD into my external LG 'Supermulti' recorder Checking the 'Nero disc information' it tells me that the disc is empty and I have 4.4 giga of space. But when I begin to go through the recording process it behaves as if the disc is a CD and shows a red warning at the bottom of the window for information over about 700 mega.

Any ideas? There doesn't appear to be an option to change from CD to DVD.

I am using Nero 6. Many thanks.

Eric10 10:30 06 May 08

I don't have Nero 6 any more but I am sure that in Nero Express you selected CD or DVD from a drop down box. This may be somewhere at the top of the window or perhaps at the right-hand end of the scale at the bottom.

brundle 10:37 06 May 08

Further to Eric10's post, like this; click here

Stuartli 10:41 06 May 08

There is a CD or DVD menu choice from SmartStart.

sheila.weston 14:37 06 May 08

Many thanks, all. I managed to record a disk using 'Nero Burning ROM' where there *was* an option. I then went back to Nero Express and found the 'box' at the bottom rhs of the first window which asks for the files to copy (as you suggest, Eric. I had been looking on the opening window!

BUT after recording I was told that the recording had failed because Disk-at-once wasn't working.

*However* when I looked at the disk, all the files were there and seem to be OK. Crazy.
Sheila

Ditch999 14:40 06 May 08

Make sure you have installed the Nero 6 update click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017