Nero Reloaded, problem copying VCD

mimosa418 14:18 13 Jan 05

I compile a number of slideshows using Proshow Gold on to a CD-RW. When ythe disc is full these are transferred to a CD-R by simply copying the disc using Nero. I have carried out this process several times in the past two years and the copid discs play in my DVD player without problems. After upgrading to Reloaded, when I copy a disc the files all seem to copy but the disc will not play. It only shows a list of files on the TV screen. This would seem to be either a functoin of the latest version of Nero or caused by SP2.
Does anyone have any bright ideas or experience of the problem.

wobblymike 16:15 13 Jan 05

I am unclear what you are trying to do, to play in your DVD you need to burn a CD in VCD format; you can do this via Nero Express very easily by simply loading a number of MPEG 1 video clips, is this your problem or something else?

TomJerry 16:21 13 Jan 05

nothing else

mimosa418 09:44 15 Jan 05

The problem is that when I make a VCD and then copy it using nero Copy Cd that it will not play on my DVD player.
If I copy it using Clone Cd it plays.
This is either a problem with the update of Nero to reloaded or perhaps a throw back to SP2
The process has worked OK for at least two years til now.

mimosa418 10:22 16 Jan 05

I have been doing some further research in to my VCD copying problem and realise that this has only come about since I started using a DVD/CD combo drive a few months ago.
I have read somewhere that DVD drives must now by law have some form of copy prevention built in to prevent pirating of DVD’s. If this is so it is more likely to be the root of the problem rather than Nero or SP2.
Does anyone have similar experience, which would support this view.

€dstowe 10:29 16 Jan 05

"If I copy it using Clone Cd it plays."

You have answered your own problem.

I am interested in your statement that DVD drives must have copy protection built in. OK, they have region protection but, I've not heard of this one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…