nero problems

Smokeyone 15:33 23 Jan 07

I have just re-installed win xp, okay so far, but when I tried to add nero (oem disc that came with the external HP 840e dvd writer) all went pear shaped. Nero does not load properly, choose back up, choose data, and nero just shuts down.
Plus the pc keeps freezing, have to restart each time to unfreeze. Have now deleted nero and I think all is okay again.
I hope someone has a good idea.
Thanks

terryf 15:35 23 Jan 07

Try going off-line, stop your anti-virus prog, load nero and go back online AFTER starting AV

Smokeyone 17:18 23 Jan 07

Thanks very much for the tip but still no luck.
Any suggestions for a nero alternative that might work with the hp dvd.

Cheers

BRYNIT 18:20 23 Jan 07

Have you tried going to My computer right clicking on DVD-RW/properties recording and remove the tick from enabling CD recording on this drive. Sometimes the Windows recording program can conflict with older versions of Nero. Also have you tried downloading Nero Update.

Smokeyone 07:27 24 Jan 07

Still no go.........

zarobian 08:30 24 Jan 07

Download Nero General Clean Tool and use it to clean the remanent of the previous installation.
Thereafter reinstall nero and follow BRYNIT suggestions.

Smokeyone 13:08 24 Jan 07

Thanks for trying to assist. Nero clean did help as system does not freeze as much but behaves oddly still. Very slow to open web browser.
However Nero still closes down when you choose a box in their screen..

brundle 13:10 24 Jan 07

Try this snappily named free alternative click here

postie24 13:55 24 Jan 07

Smokeyone,download ccleaner and give that a try to restore speed click here

BRYNIT 14:04 24 Jan 07

Just A thought when you did a clean install did you remember to install the Motherboard drivers.

Smokeyone 07:11 25 Jan 07

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help. Have tried all suggestions but still no luck.
Motherboard drives, my system HP has a single all in one back up disc. Am I missing something !
Have done fresh installs before with no trouble.
Other ideas for nero alternative.........

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…