Nero Problems

mcimcc 19:44 27 Aug 03

I wonder if you can help please.

I have recently purchased and installed Nero Ahead along with new cdrw and I am encountering the following errors/ problems.

1) When attempting to copy/burn an audio cd I get the message 'Cannot open Local Nero Database possible cause corrupt or path preference setting'

Why and what is the 'fix' for this please

2) When attempting to copy over the audio data to a new blank CD the speed changes from 52x to 24x saying that it can only copy at this 24x speed.

Why and what is the 'fix' for this please

3) After attempting to copy at 24x I get the message 'burn process failed'

Why and what is the fix for this please

Should I uninstall and the reinstall the programme?

I do not appear to have a note of the serial number as I have thrown away the packaging that the new hardware came in - although I do have a product number on the Nero Install CD. Is this sufficient to reinstall if necessary?

I hope you can help as this is driving me insane and I do not know what to do to fix these problems

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Irene McClymont

The Sack 19:49 27 Aug 03

I would reinstall nero to start with. As for the burn speed being changed it could be a number of things. What drive did you buy?

The Sack 19:51 27 Aug 03

And are you sure it isnt a 24X ultraspeed CD-RW you are using? CD-RW are locked to a maximum speed, you can only go lower. If you put one of these in Nero would drop the speed to 24X.

leo49 19:56 27 Aug 03

What version do you have - 5 or 6?

These failed attempts at burning - are you copying on the fly or first ripping the CD to your HDD?

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017