nero problem

planckton 12:10 07 Jan 03
  planckton 12:10 07 Jan 03

I have just installed a new cd-rw ( lite-on ltr 40125s ) and nero 5.5.10 software. I am running windows 98se on a p2 300 with 128mb. I have also installed the latest firmware for the cd-rw.

The cd-rw in fitted as a slave to the hard drive on ide channel 1.

The cd rom is recognised fine by windows and the nero info. tool. It also works fine as a normal cd-rom.

The problem occurs when starting nero express or burner rom. Both programs stall on the "scanning for recorders" and "scanning scsi/ide screens respectively". The computer needs to be restarted to do anything.

The nero info tool reports no problems. It did say that the nero aspi was not installed. Once downloaded and installed it made no difference.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

recap 12:18 07 Jan 03

If your CD-RW lite-on ltr 40125s has tools that are installed, try uninstalling these tools and just use the Nero software planckton.

Had a similar problem with a Plextor CD-RW, took the tools of the Plextor off and everything works fine now.

€dstow 12:43 07 Jan 03

CD writers are better installed as master devices on a separate IDE channel, away from the hard drive.

€d

Stuartli 12:48 07 Jan 03

As Cdstow says, install on the secondary IDE channel; set the rewriter for Master, the CD-ROM as Slave; enable DMA for both and also uncheck Auto Insert Notification for the CD-ROM drive as Nero controls its operation.

There are a number of threads on this subject in the forums.

planckton 11:07 08 Jan 03

Purchased the cd-rw without software.

Have moved cd-rw to the second ide channel. set as master.

I now have hard drive ide 1 master and cd-rw ide 2 master. no slaves on either.

Still the same

mark

powerless 11:19 08 Jan 03

Check if the system date is set after 2030 and if necessary correct the date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…