Nero OEM Suite 1

oseven 16:58 02 Sep 04

I have just installed an NEC DVD writer which came with the above Nero disc which installed with a serial number already embedded in the set up.This number is different to the number on the disc sleeve.
Does this mean the software is a trial version which will expire after say 30 days when I presumably enter the sleeve number ?
Also,I seem to have a complete Smartsuite setup or is something missing I haven't yet noticed ?
I have emailed both NEC and Ahead with these questions but neither bothers to answer once you have purchased their product.I have also scoured their FAQ pages but to no avail.
Any ideas ?

Diodorus Siculus 19:24 02 Sep 04

If you go to help - about it may tell you the status of the program. Often they come as reduced versions.

jack 20:16 02 Sep 04

Nero OEM as with all OEM software is a 'Getyou started cut down version you have to pay for the full version[ You did get it 'Free' with the drive after all. As for the two numbers, it is possbel the embeded version is the cut down - trial and error for you here, some strange things get stuffed into boxes it seems.
But above remarks still hold You have to go Buy
the full version of pay and download the upgrade.

oseven 10:27 03 Sep 04

I appreciate your responses but as far as I can see it's not a cut down version comparing it with my son's which he purchased.
The"help" section does not mention it is a Trial only its version no. which I have updated to the latest release.
I could just carry on using it and see what happens but I am frustrated that Ahead and NEC willnot answer simple questions.
Thanks again for your interest.

pj123 13:48 03 Sep 04

I had the same version as you. Yesterday I downloaded the latest version from click here

it warned me that this is not the "free demo version" and if I didn't have a valid number I must not download it. I took no notice and downloaded it anyway. I uninstalled the version I had and installed the downloaded version. When it asked for the number I just typed in the number off my CD sleeve. It worked and I now have a full version of Nero 6.3.1.20. I can now switch from Nero Express to Nero full.

Give it a try, if it doesn't work for you, you can still reinstall the OEM version you have.

The download is about 27mb though so if you are on dialup may take a while. Alternatively, email me and I will send you a copy of it on CD.

dth 14:12 03 Sep 04

pj123 - thanks am gonna give that a go.

oseven 16:20 03 Sep 04

pj123
If you had the same version as me why did you need to download a version from NERO.I simply updated the version that loaded from the disc and like you now have Nero 6.3.1.20.
I know I have nothing to complain about as my Nero seems to be working ok but if I have a full copy with the number embedded whats to stop me loading it on other machines.I am sure Ahead would not do this intentialy.
Also how can anyone supply the NEC @ £54 with a full version of Nero 6 worth about £40

oseven 16:22 03 Sep 04

dth
Did you have any problems with your disc,or are you in the same situation as me

pj123 11:30 05 Sep 04

oseven, I meant I had an OEM version of Nero 6 but it was Nero Express version 6.1 only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…