Nero OEM key recall

DJ-Garry 00:37 16 Apr 05

Hi guys.
I'm doing a fresh install of XP pro on a second hard drive but have lost my NERO OEM number so can't install the program. Is there some way of finding it from the old, still working system?
Thanks, Garry.

DieSse 00:54 16 Apr 05

If you start Nero, click the Nero logo in the top left of the StartSmart box, and look in the serial numbers tab. Works for my Nero6 Express OEM version - should also be available in other versions, I would think.

I know it may be a bit of a fiddle to get back to your working drive set up!

DJ-Garry 01:16 16 Apr 05

DieSse, found the serial numbers tab but there are two numbers. The first is for Nero 6 Ultra Edition. The second for Nero 6. Does anyone know the difference between the two versions which might tell me which one I've been using. In the past I have had trial downloaded versions and an OEM version of nero. The disk I bought in the end is an OEM version but with a legal full version Key. Help, I'm confused!!!!
Garry.

DieSse 01:21 16 Apr 05

Try them both, and use one that works!

vitrocmax 01:36 16 Apr 05

The Ultra edition key is the full version. There are new updates available, V6.6.0.12 for Nero6 and V1.4.0.31 for Media Player. Click on the 'check for updates'on the StartSmart programs page and it will point you to the update page.

DJ-Garry 01:49 16 Apr 05

I've had a look in the registry and all the Nero sub programs have the Std version Key against them The only one that has the Ultra Edition Key is Nero Mix. BTW, both the number when viewed with Smart Start appear with a red 'No Entry' symbal next to them. Does this mean anything?

DieSse 01:52 16 Apr 05

"both the number when viewed with Smart Start appear with a red 'No Entry' symbal next to them"

If you click it you'll find it's just a warning not to delete the serial number.

DieSse 01:54 16 Apr 05

Sorry - I'll rephrase that - It's a button to remove the serial number - hover your mouse on it and you'll see that. If you click it, you'll get a YES/NO to delete, with a warning about doing so.

DJ-Garry 01:59 16 Apr 05

Thanks DieSse.
vitrocmax, I've been on the Ahead website but can't find any reference to Ultra Edition'. All indication on my machine point the the Std Key being the one I've been running with, so where did the other 'Ultra key come from? I don't remember having to type in a key with the downloaded trial version or does the install enter it automatically?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…