Nero not working

Halmer 23:11 04 Nov 03

A problem of my own now!

I have always used the Nero CD package that came bundled with my PC.

The last time I came to use it however it wouldn't load so I located what I thought was the relevant Nero disk and tried to reload the software.

It is telling me however that I can only use it with the CD that it it was bundled with and for some reason wont recongnise mine which menas that I've lost a lot of functionality.

Can anyone suggest a solution please.

I have Win ME.

LastChip 00:06 05 Nov 03

I have found Nero a bit of a mixed bag.

Whilst when it is working, no one can doubt it's effectiveness, it does seem susceptible to change.

For example, like yourself, I had a "bundled" edition supplied with a CD burner, and it operated with few problems. A little later on, I obtained a later version, loaded it, and it refused to run at all, forcing me to return to the original version. To this day, I don't know the reason for this.

The solution I am afraid, is probably to search a little harder for your original bundled version. Once found, make sure you remove the version you now have via the appropriate means. If it has it's own uninstaller, use that, if not, via Add/Remove Software. Then try a fresh install. If you still have problems, you may have to clear some remnants from the registry. More about that, if it proves necessary.

hugh-265156 00:26 05 Nov 03

if you have xp try restoreing to a date it worked ok using system restore.

not sure about bundled editions of nero but solutions to problems can be found click here and clean/support/info tools before reinstalling can be found click here

Rtus 00:31 05 Nov 03

Nero bundled software Is firmware locked to the drive it was sold with.. you can get updates providing you choose the correct formware version.Halmer have you tried a restore point ?
LastChip.. Each drive model has A different firmware version! hence the need to match its software..The software looks for the firmware version on initalising the program if it doesnt match the recorded version number it doesnt load the drivers..

LastChip 00:37 05 Nov 03

Didn't know that; you live and learn!!

Presumably, their retail versions are not so tied!

Giggle n' Bits 00:41 05 Nov 03

just go for the nero Express upgrade via download from the Ahead nero site. When its asking for the drive and saying its not the drive, ignore this and proceed with install.

If you uninstall Nero it can take out the registry files and cause file corruption beyond sensible repair, it can also remove all your IDE drives within the system.

Halmer 18:23 05 Nov 03

Thanks for the help.

Halmer 20:43 06 Nov 03

offer anything please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…