nero not detectding burner

ledgend 07:49 17 May 03

running win 98se nero 5.5 wont detect my external burner

-pops- 07:59 17 May 03

Is your Nero up to date? If Nero is old and your burner is new, it may not be recognised.

You can update Nero from click here

Brian

ledgend 08:12 17 May 03

nero is latest version

goonerbill 08:24 17 May 03

if nero is installed on ya pc, open the program and on the menu bar click on recorder and see if its listed. if not you may have done something wrong when ya installed nero, remove and re-install. also, your version of nero did it come with your cd writer or an older cd writer you had or bought new from shop??? .

sorry to disagree with ya pops but nero 5.5 will detect all cd writers new or old as long as its not locked to a make of cd writer.

ledgend 08:34 17 May 03

nero came with the burner

goonerbill 08:44 17 May 03

delete nero off pc and reinstall, read and follow all instructions carefully and it should run ok.

961 09:45 17 May 03

Have to say I recently bought a new cd burner with Nero disc bundled and programme would not recognise burner even though nero disc was a fairly recent version

Going to nero web site, found there was a new update (version 5.5.10.15) and after this was installed everything worked fine

-pops- 10:20 17 May 03

Afraid you are wrong. Nero will not recognise burners which were issued after that version of Nero was issued just as Windows will not recognise printers issued after that version was issued.

New burner recognition is one of the main reasons that Nero has monthly updates - to update its list and program of supported burners click here even so, there are some obscure older recorders that are not even now supported.

I recently installed a new, latest issue Plextor burner into a machine with a reasonably up to date (two month old) version of Nero installed. It didn't work. I loaded the latest Nero version - it did work.

ledgend 15:05 19 May 03

have the latest version of nero

-pops- 15:21 19 May 03

Sorry if I seem to be going on about this but is your version of Nero from the disk supplied with the burner or is it the latest one downloaded from the website?

Is your burner recognised in Device Manager and, assuming it is, does Device Manager tell you it is working properly?

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…