Nero not Burning

wysiwyg8 10:46 17 Sep 04

Medion PC Running XP

I have recently installed a Medion/Pioneer DVD writer to replace the original CDR, it reads DVDs and CDs of all types fine but I can not get the preinstalled Nero Burning 5 to write to either CD or DVD, although the writer is shown as drive G only the virtual disc is shown as a write option. The software starts a burn process and tells me that the disc has been completed successfully but there is nothing on it when I check it. The drive is working OK when I used the Windows XP write to disc facility it burnt a copy perfectly. Any ideas folks? Should I try an uninstall and reinstall of Nero?

Philwane 10:55 17 Sep 04

Have you been to the nero site to see if your writer is supported or download the latest patch for it here
click here

Jeffers22 10:58 17 Sep 04

Sounds like a logical course of action. You have proved the thing works using XP write to disc. What else can it be? I assume that you installed drivers for the Medion/Pioneer kit, after all it may be newer than the drivers held within XP.

BRYNIT 11:17 17 Sep 04

If the Nero 5 came with your original CD writer it may not be compatable with the new DVD writer. Install Nero that was supplied with your new DVD writer, remove old version first.

Jeffers22 11:26 17 Sep 04

Good point. The Nero express that came with my last writer said it was tied to that particular piece of kit. I never installed it though as I have a full version.

wysiwyg8 11:38 17 Sep 04

Thanks Phil, but since Nero Burning 5.5 was the software supplied with the writer I guessed that it is supported. Since your post I had a look at the website and it looks like I have the latest version but I found this in the FAQ section quote

Nero came bundled with my recorder. Can I use it with other recorders on my computer?

OEM bundled versions of Nero will only work with the recorder they came with. We offer this option to our OEMs to be able to offer the software to OEMs at a even lower price.

So I am going to try uninstalling the pre installed version and reinstall the disc that came with the writer (the details printed on the discs show the same version but who knows) will post if this solves the problem

darkjedimistress 12:50 17 Sep 04

I thought that Nero 6 supported DVD Writing?

I might be wrong but I have to move from Version 5 to 6 to get my DVD-RW to work.

wysiwyg8 15:44 17 Sep 04

Thanks everyone, problem solved, yes although they looked the same the CD that came with the drive was specific to it and had some extra features as well

wysiwyg8 15:44 17 Sep 04

Thanks everyone, problem solved, yes although they looked the same the CD that came with the drive was specific to it and had some extra features as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…