nero - no audio

Richard Hillman 12:41 16 Nov 03

Greetings.

When I put together a compilation on nero burning rom (v.5.5.10.54) then save it, when it comes to reloading, the audio files although displayed on screen, are both unplayable and show no properties. When I try burning the CD it just says: 'the file format is not supported'; 'error reading data'; 'burn process failed at 8x (1,200 KB/s)'.

Can anyone help me out on this?

The settings are on 'Diskspace strategy (default)' and I am ripping directly from the CD.

Thanks.

leo49 12:48 16 Nov 03

"I am ripping directly from the CD"

How are you doing this?

Richard Hillman 13:19 16 Nov 03

Using the nero wizard I go onto 'compile an audio cd' then on the file browser I select the tracks I'm after and click on 'copy to compilation'. What I meant was I'm not converting them into say mp3 files.

leo49 13:29 16 Nov 03

Unless you're immediately copying from disk to disk which from your description I don't think you are, then you're not actually ripping the tracks, merely copying the shortcuts.

pj123 13:56 16 Nov 03

Agree with leo49. You need to record the tracks you want to your hard disk and then burn to CD from there.

Richard Hillman 14:41 16 Nov 03

When I click on 'copy to compilation' a window comes up saying 'analysing track' and the name of the track is then added to the playlist. If I click on 'play' or 'properties' these work fine though when I save the compilation and come back to it later this is when it fails. I have used this method succesfully before e.g. if I wanted to save a playlist and burn it later though for some reason now it doesn't seem to work. Could installing the various updates have affected this?

leo49 14:49 16 Nov 03

Unless the tracks are on your HDD or on a CD in an optical drive then a play list is just a wishlist as the tracks don't physically exist and thus there is nothing to burn.

The Nero Help files and this FAQ should make things clearer:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…