Nero multisession problem.

Totally-braindead 18:20 06 Sep 05

I run a PC with XP on it updated to SP2. A couple of weeks ago I got a DVD burner and it came with the latest version of Nero so I deleted my old Nero and installed the new version then updated it. The problem is if I create a multisession CD disk it just won't let me add to it, it won't even show whats on the disk, instead it comes up with a warning about the multisession not being selected and saying that if I add to the disk I'll no longer be able to see the files that were already burnt on to it. The multisession is selected.

The strange thing is, I deleted it all again installed the original Nero and although it comes up with a warning that there are compatability problems and asking me to update it works perfectly. But if I install the updates then the problem reoccurs.

Has anyone seen this? I'm not too bothered as its working ok but I would like to know if anyone else has seen this as I've been using Nero for a few years now and never had a problem with it till now.

Totally-braindead 23:07 06 Sep 05

Anyone seen this? The Nero websites no help.

Giggle n' Bits 23:37 06 Sep 05

Nero has burning issues with XP where Service Pack 2 is installed.

There are 4 updates to Nero if you do only install 1, 2 or 3 and not 4 (not in that order then you will have this problem.

Have you Updated with all the 4 updates ?

Totally-braindead 23:45 06 Sep 05

No I only updated the first one as I don't use the other items such as Nero media player. So if I download and install all 4 of the updates even though I never use them that will cure it?

Stuartli 23:59 06 Sep 05

I have XP Pro + SP2 and have updated Nero in various ways and package formations and have no problems burning disks.

Stuartli 00:01 07 Sep 05

I suspect it may be something to do with the Folder(s) for the multisession disk(s) either being corrupted on not saved after each session.

Totally-braindead 12:00 08 Sep 05

Thanks to BoyRacer NOT! you were exactly right, I had only added the one update as this was the only bit of Nero I used however as you rightly pointed out it needs the other updates as well. Download the others and installed them and all is well. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…