Nero keeps me off line

matofthemint 22:27 07 Jun 09

I recently got a portable USB hard drive which included Nero BackItUp 2.
The hard drive works just fine.
But when I install Nero it installs on the built in hard drive (laptop) and after the install I can not get on line. How do I over come this problem?
I did a restore from the day before to remove Nero so I could get on line.

Ex plorer 17:31 13 Jun 09

If your OS is vista.
Make a folder on your external drive name it and then try to put Nero on.

matofthemint 17:40 13 Jun 09

Not Vista, XP Pro. sp2 - should have stated it, sorry.
Also, after Nero, I tried Paragon Free and the same thing, can't get on line. Some thing in my machine fouling things up, but can't figure it out. Did all the usual scans for bad stuff and nothing turned up. A puzzle.

Ex plorer 09:33 14 Jun 09

OK external drives are just for storing files photos
etc. As far as I know you cant load Microsoft office onto the external drive but you can move the files across.
Some people do load games onto a external drive but the drive has to be connected at all times.
As for Nero I gave it google search and you are not the only one with the connection problem.
This may help
click here

matofthemint 14:16 14 Jun 09

I'm not trying to put Nero on the portable drive.

Thanks for your efforts and the search results, but BackItUp has nothing to do with PatentActivation.
I contacted Nero, they asked for quite a bit of information, said they would get back to me. I have yet to hear from them. Thus my posting here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…