Nero install problems.

amjad11097 18:19 22 May 08

Hi guys, every time i try to install nero i get a little error message saying (collections not a valid file name)
I've used the nero clean tool to remove the old nero and all associated files but still getting that error message. I downloaded nero and put it in my collections folder and am trying to install from a different computer from my network.
Any Ideas?

MAT ALAN 18:22 22 May 08

move it out of the collections folder...

amjad11097 18:33 22 May 08

I have moved it out from the collections folder and downloaded it again from the nero website but still no luck.

MAT ALAN 19:18 22 May 08

maybe you need to transfer the file to the networked PC first then install the prog....

amjad11097 19:50 22 May 08

I've moved the file and downloaded it again but when it's about to install it get's interrupted with the message (collections is not a valid short file name) I think there is a problem with the actual nero installer?

MAT ALAN 19:58 22 May 08

the issue is "i think" registry related and the installer is pointing itself to this collections folder as default which is not the correct path, have you tried renaming your collections folder, not sure what too at the moment...

MAT ALAN 20:00 22 May 08

The answer may be to put your collections folder back to its default location, rename it C:/ ,could help...

amjad11097 20:35 22 May 08

Can you tell me how to rename it or where in the registry i have to go to find it as i'm a bit to messing with the registry. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…