nero install problems

puma22 17:03 12 Apr 07

Hi,
I am trying to install nero 7 essentials. I get an initial error message saying that it is not compatible with vista so not sure if this is the problem. I thought i would try and install and then update.
It runs through until near the end and then I get an error message saying windows installer has stopped working. It asks whether it should find a solution and I click OK.
It then sends up another error message saying
Custom Action dll crashed on last call function 'NeroAg-UnregisterComEx'. crash thread Id 5736 current thread Id 1904.
I have just got the software from ebuyer and there is a large scratch on the back of the CD near the centre. Could this be causing the crash?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Fingees 17:23 12 Apr 07

I use Nero 7 Ultra edition with no problems on Vista.

I start using the Nero startsmart Icon.

candun 17:51 12 Apr 07

Apart from the scratch the NERO ESSENTIALS disk could have been part of a hardware package, i.e. an external DVD burner, and NERO may not recognise it if it has been installed elsewhere.

candun 18:03 12 Apr 07

Better clarify, the disk may have been returned to eBuyer along with the hardware.

puma22 18:34 12 Apr 07

Fingees
i havnt got past installing yet. On my other pc, running xp I have nero 6. Tried to install this on the new vista laptop and got the inital error message. When i posted this on here, it was suggested that 6 was'nt compatible but 7 was, hence i bought 7. Thanks any how
Candun
thanks for responding. I'm not sure what you mean by '..could have been part of a hardware package...' Would this mean that it would not install properly? It did'nt look as if it had been returned as the lip on the cd envelope did'nt seem as if it had been opened before.

DonP 19:51 14 May 07

I have beeen trying to instal Neo 7 Reloaded on Vista Home Premium and have had the same problems as puma22. Apparently, the problem was solved but can you tell me how??

puma22 09:50 16 May 07

Hi,
i downloaded the trial version from hereclick here When it ran, it recognised the version and serial number of the version that did'nt load properly and meshed the two toghether. So, even though i downloaded the full version I ended up with the essentials version running.
Hope this helps. If not, post back and I'll try and trawl my memory a bit more.

DonP 20:40 18 May 07

puma22
Been away for couple of days so only just able to check out your suggestion. Unfortunately, different error messages but same result. files were not updated and it would seem, for example, "Some files (Shell Manager) are missing". Anyway, prompted by your suggestion I downloaded the update for Nero 7 to my XP machine and this is now working well. So, decided that until there is a reliable update for Vista I will use my old machine for Nero jobs. Thank you very much for your response, it is much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…