Nero InCD

plsndrs3 10:53 07 Oct 05

Using version & downloaded the additions on the Nero website. Looking to use InCD so that I can add files to a CD-R when I choose [like a floppy].

Although I have downloaded the InCD add-on, I cannot find this as an option to run. The last time I needed this [some time ago, I admit and a couple of versions!] InCD was almost a stand-alone program with its own icon. I cannot seem to launch this & cannot find out how to. There is noting on the program or via the start button as far as I can see.

Your help greatly appreciated!

Confab 11:29 07 Oct 05

I'm pretty sure that InCD runs in the background and starts when you insert a CDRW into your drive. I'm not sure it now works with CDR's. I believe earlier version did.

Simsy 11:32 07 Oct 05

unless I'm mistaken, (quite possible!), doesn't support CDRs, but only supports CDRW.

This is not true of other "packet writing" software such as DirectCD

anniesboy68 11:34 07 Oct 05

Have you a little yellow box in your taskbar right hand side. Also if you put a re writable disk in your re writable drive , let it spin then go to My computer icon, open it and you will see the drive listed as in cd....AB68

BRYNIT 11:41 07 Oct 05

InCD will only work with CD-RW disks.

When InCD has been installed it usually loads with windows and a window usually opens when a Blank CD-WR disk is inserted.

If you have WIN XP right click on your CD-RW drive in my computer and look down the list you will find InCD format this will tell you if InCD has been loaded.

If you want to use CD-R disks you could use multisession which allows you to add to disk until it is full but will not be able to delete files.

Diemmess 11:46 07 Oct 05

I don't use RW CDs, but have the same version of Nero...... There is an icon on my taskbar (W2000) for InCD and a right click on it will allow you to configure it. Also if you use Nero Start Smart, there will be a new (ugly) window offering in its depths, RW facilities.

For me this was a recent upgrade and I'm not yet sure I like it. Nero Express is the route that seems more familiar and I can deal with DVDs now.

plsndrs3 12:08 07 Oct 05

Many thanks - can see the icon now [it was hidden , that's my *feeble* excuse!]. Bit disappointed that this will only work with CD-RWs, but as I have these I will now use them.

I'm afraid that I'm with Diemmess on the looks as I preferred the [older] version. This does tend to look cluttered to me. Maybe I'll re-install that on my other PC just for burning CDs.

Thanks everyone.

Diemmess 17:52 07 Oct 05

I think you are wrong about..."Bit disappointed that this will only work with CD-RWs, but as I have these I will now use them".

You can use this new version with either Nero Express or InCD. The first for burning one or multi-session CDs and the InCD for re-writables. It is just a matter of finding the right menu, and the earlier versions seemed simpler to use.

plsndrs3 19:39 07 Oct 05

After having re-read my post,I think I may not have explained myself well.

I realise that Nero works with CD-R, CR-RW and DVDs in their various guises. The comment that I am disappointed refers to the advice that InCD only works with CDRW. I thought that I might be able to use this with CD-Rs.

[I have actually opted for the multi-session on CD-Rs in the end anyhow as per the suggestion from BRYNIT :o)]

woodchip 19:42 07 Oct 05

It works with CDRW and CDR as I have done it

Diemmess 20:51 07 Oct 05

Unless you wish to burn DVD disks there is no need to install the latest version of Nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…