nero and imap

pinnicat 19:11 26 Jun 04

Hi gang.
I am trying to open nero burning from desktop on xp and i am being told that another application is using my burning engine (imap)..who, what, where, how..i have nothing else running..in fact i got nothing running.. as nero just refuses to open.
thank-you

stalion 19:13 26 Jun 04

what os?if xp you need yo disable windows own burning software

pinnicat 19:21 26 Jun 04

yes it is xp and the prog has run previous to now. so what's the next step Sir?

stalion 19:28 26 Jun 04

try ctrl,alt,del to see if anything else is running in task manager

pinnicat 19:30 26 Jun 04

First thing I did..nowt...and barely using 2% cpu so nothing going on , on the quiet.

stalion 19:38 26 Jun 04

go to run,type msconfig,startup, and check the programs you have listed nero should be there make sure it is ticked

woodchip 19:42 26 Jun 04

click here Are you on BB

pinnicat 21:00 26 Jun 04

thanks so far...when i ran a start up tidy, i rebooted and up she popped, but it was already in start up menu. between that project and avscan i'm a bit behind you..i will respond shortly...am on bb..thanks again peeps.mik

Sans le Sou 21:52 26 Jun 04

Imapi CD burning is XPs own burner software. You can turn it to manual in administrative tools if it is set to automatic.

Sans le Sou 21:59 26 Jun 04

Control panel/admin tools/services/Imapi cd burning/right click/properties/see if it is started. If you want to stop it click stop after the right click instead of properties

pinnicat 22:20 26 Jun 04

i just took the long dark journey into cdburning imapi...is this wise..will i be ABLE TO RE -ESTABLISH IF IT LOUSES THINGS UP.?
i'm a little nervouse and waiting on your every command.
cheers mik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now