Nero freezes when copying dvd

Desperate-Dan 18:57 31 Oct 09

Hi, I'm trying to a copy dvd with nero 6, nero express, when I put a dvd disk to be copied in to my dvd-rom, my hdd activity led stays on and nero freezes, I can't turn it off, if I press ctrl-Alt-delete and click end program nothing happens,the only way I can get rid of it is to turn my pc off then reboot, I've tried reinstalling nero but its just the same, the dvd-rom drive seems to be working ok because it reads dvd's no problem, my o/s winxp 2gb ram, mobo asus M2M-MX, cpu AMD athlon 64x2 dual core 4400,

woodchip 19:09 31 Oct 09

When you use Copy in NERO, it first copies to the Hard Drive, Then put this on the Blank DVD it asks you to insert. My guess is you Hard Drive may have some disc errors, you need to check it With Disc Checker

BRYNIT 19:17 31 Oct 09

What type of DVD are you trying to copy? Shop bought film DVD's will not copy.

lofty29 19:55 31 Oct 09

If you are trying to copy a copyrighted dvd with nero you wil normally get a "copy protected message" and the dvd will not copy, and is ejected. Have you tried copying at a slower speed.

Desperate-Dan 14:09 01 Nov 09

Thanks for your advice, I got it fixed, I did a firmware update for the drive, and that did the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…