Nero Express very slow to start.

MIke 20:43 14 Aug 04

I've upgraded my version of Nero 5 that came with my cd writer to V 5.5.10.56 from the Ahead website. I now find that Nero Express takes a lot lot longer to load up (about 45 seconds before I can do anything with it) as compared with Nero (Under 4 seconds). Nero Express used to start up a bit faster than Nero.

Anyone had similar problems?

I'm also finding that cdr's that I had no problem writing to (Sony) are now throwing up errors in Nero, mainly Power calibration errors or media speed errors, even if I tell Nero to burn at just 2x or 4x I get these media speed errors.

However,the same discs burn just fine if I use the burning facilities in programs such as Adobe PhotoAlbum, Ulead's DVD Picture Show, or Windows media Player.

Win XP Home SP1, AMD 1400, 512MB RAM, Ricoh MP7200A CDR/RW

Thanks for any pointers.

Mike

Sans le Sou 22:31 14 Aug 04

Sounds like it may be a bad installation. Have you done a reinstall? Better still download the Nero clean tool from ahead and remove Nero completely,then reinstall from your Ricoh version and then the upgrade.

MIke 10:26 15 Aug 04

Thanks for the reply. I've tried a re-install, but wasn't aware of the clean tool. I'll give that a go

Cheers

Mike

MIke 11:03 15 Aug 04

I've tried the Clean Tool, and re-installation then upgrade but Nero Express still takes an age to get going. I've not tried a burn yet to see if the other problem has been sorted but will report back

Mike

MIke 18:34 15 Aug 04

Still get Power Calibration error with Sony CDR'S. Packard Bell OK though.

TommyRed 18:51 15 Aug 04

Did you use the Nero 5 clean tool click here or the Nero general clean tool. Here's the link to the specific version cleaner. HTH TR

MIke 19:04 15 Aug 04

Thanks TommyRed I used the General Clean Tool. I'll try the one you sent link too. The Ahead Site is a bit of a Minefield to navigate!!

Thanks

Mike

TommyRed 19:22 15 Aug 04

I've had to use it once before, so I know it exists but finding it was a 'mare. TR

MIke 19:45 15 Aug 04

Thanks TommyRed

I've done as you suggested, and managed to burn to a Sony CDR no problem, so fingers crossed that problem is now solved.

Nero Express is still take forever to load up, but I found by accident that if I launch Nero Express with a blank CDR in my CDRW drive it loads as fast as Nero. Not sure why this is but I think I'll leave well alone now and tick resolved.

Thanks for your help both

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 2D animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

How to get WWDC 2017 tickets