Nero Express VCD problem

TommyRed 16:29 23 Nov 03

As I had trouble with Fuji's software not recognising my cdrw drive, I've hopefully burnt a VCD using Nero Express. How do I get it to play on the PC? as I don't think my DVD player recognises CDR.Thanks TR

howard60 17:13 23 Nov 03

it should recognise cd-r especially in the drive that created it.

hugh-265156 17:31 23 Nov 03

TommyRed,is this mediaplayer you are using?

open the vcd you just made and you will see a few folders.

look for the "MPEGAV" folder

inside that look for ".dat "

click it and windows will as what you want to open it with,browse and associate it with media player.only need to this once.

with the disc in the drive,open up media player and at the top left click "play dvd,vcd or audio cd"should start playing ok.

for power dvd etc,just put the disc in the drive and click on the D:\ drive and it will play straight away.

hugh-265156 17:42 23 Nov 03

oh and to see if your home dvd player will play vcds(most do with a remote control hack)

click here and click here to look it up.

TommyRed 19:55 23 Nov 03

Managed to get it to display manually (not slideshow) in PowerDVD, but I'm obviously doing something wrong. Checked that site and my DVD supports a few CD-R but doesn't support VCD format. It's a few years old now, but I'm going to get the Wife a new one for our bedroom so I'll check it supports CD-R and VCD. Cheers TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…