nero doubles file size when making dvd from files

hommo 16:30 29 Jan 05

Most of the time when MAKING a DVD from scratch using the latest version of NERO digital,when importing video files from hard disc or from a DVD BACK UP-DISC which were originally 4gig or less, NERO usually ends up saying that the size is double the original and can only be fitted onto a DVD-9, or it will ask to reduce the quality which ends up on long play which is not what you want.

§ 17:33 29 Jan 05

Is your hard disc FAT32 or NTFS? The latter is better for making DVDs.

hommo 15:50 31 Jan 05

helmetshine 16:24 31 Jan 05

If your backup files and videos are in mpeg or avi format a lot of DVD players won't be able to read them {a lot of the more recent ones will play Divx files}.If you put a commercial DVD,not a b/up or video file,into your PC and explore it you'll see it consists of files with the extensions .BUP,.IFO and .VOB.When you use Nero to burn a DVD-Video it will convert the mpegs or avi's into that format which will be a much larger file.Most films released on DVD come on dual layer discs i believe {just checked a LOTR disc,it's 6.6Gb]hence the message.Why not try burning one at the reduced quality to see how much the quality does deteriate,it may not be that much and may be quite acceptable

ACOLYTE 18:09 31 Jan 05

What you need is software that can burn dual layer on to a single layer disc,i dont know if nero can do this you also need a dual layer dvd burner, i dont use nero but most should do it even nero, i can burn 7 gig easy onto
a 4.3 gig dvd.But it may also depend on what format the files you have are before you burn them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…